Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-05-13 11:12:43 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> If that's the consensus reached, that's fine by me as long as we don't
> keep a 25% performance regression.  Now, looking at the patch
> proposed, I have to admit that this looks like some redesign of an
> existing feature, so that stresses me a bit in a period when we are
> aiming at making things stable, because this has a risk of making a
> part of the code more unstable.

You're referencing tracking the vm page in the bulk insert state? I
don't see how you get a less invasive fix that's not architecturally
worse than this. If that's over your level of comfort, I don't see an
alternative but to revert. But I also don't think it's particularly
invasive?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Always bump PG_CONTROL_VERSION?
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements