Re: partial heap only tuples

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: partial heap only tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-02-09 18:48:21 +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> In order to be eligible for cleanup, the final tuple in the
> corresponding PHOT/HOT chain must also be eligible for cleanup, or all
> indexes must have been updated later in the chain before any visible
> tuples.

This sounds like it might be prohibitively painful. Adding effectively
unremovable bloat to remove other bloat is not an uncomplicated
premise. I think you'd really need a way to fully remove this as part of
vacuum for this to be viable.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: "Joel Jacobson"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: repeated decoding of prepared transactions