Re: Removing support for COPY FROM STDIN in protocol version 2

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Removing support for COPY FROM STDIN in protocol version 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Feb-04, Tom Lane wrote:

> > On 2021-Feb-04, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> >> Ok, here we go.
>
> > Are you going to bump the .so version for this?  I think that should be
> > done, since some functions disappear and there are struct changes.  It
> > is curious, though, to see that exports.txt needs no changes.
>
> Uh, what?  There should be no externally visible ABI changes in libpq
> (he says without having read the patch).  If there's a need for a library
> major version bump, that'd be sufficient reason not to do this IMO.

Yeah, the changes I was thinking about are all in libpq-int.h so that's
not really a problem.  But one enum in libpq-fe.h renumbers values, and
I think it's better to keep the old value labelled as "unused" to avoid
any changes.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Snapbuild woes followup
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: get rid of tags in the docs?