Re: Clustering solution ?

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: Clustering solution ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:54:03 +0000 (UTC)
Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> thanks all for your replies : I started to learn Patroni.Anyway, any
> alternative with my customer want's also LoadBalancing ? Thanks
> Laurent

Same comment than my previous one here. Climb one step at a time.

First, create relevant benchmarks as close as possible from the target
application. Optimize your queries, setup, and lastly your hardware. If your
architecture does not keep up with the load, then you can consider load
balancing. And really, load balancing is hard to achieve for SGBD. It often
requires some changes on application side...or even dealing with it on
application side all together.

I've seen too many complex architectures, with too many layers, hard to
administer...for nothing. Keep it simple as long as you can.

Good luck.

Regards,

--
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Dalibo

От: Paul McGarry
Сообщение: Re: Efficiently advancing a sequence without risking it going backwards.
От: Tiffany Thang
Сообщение: Capturing just slow queries