Re: Incremental View Maintenance: ERROR: out of shared memory

От Takuma Hoshiai
Тема Re: Incremental View Maintenance: ERROR: out of shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 17:33:48 +0900
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 12:27:13 -0500
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > > I think we could avoid such an error in IVM by reusing a temp table in
> > > a session or a transaction.
> >
> > I'm more than a little bit astonished that this proposed patch is
> > creating temp tables at all.  ISTM that that implies that it's
> > being implemented at the wrong level of abstraction, and it will be
> > full of security problems, as well as performance problems above
> > and beyond the one described here.
>
> We realized that there is also other problems in using temp tables
> as pointed out in another thread. So, we are now working on rewrite
> our patch not to use temp tables.

We fixed this problem in latest patches (v14) in the following thread.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200227150649.101ef342d0e7d7abee320159@sraoss.co.jp

We would appreciate it if you could review this.

Best Regards,

Takuma Hoshiai

Takuma Hoshiai <hoshiai@sraoss.co.jp>

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Allow auto_explain to log plans before queries are executed
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: Use compiler intrinsics for bit ops in hash