Re: pgsql: Add kqueue(2) support to the WaitEventSet API.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Add kqueue(2) support to the WaitEventSet API.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Feb-24, Tom Lane wrote:

> I wrote:

> > I thought about platform-specific messages, but it's not clear to me
> > whether our translation infrastructure will find messages that are
> > inside #ifdefs ... anyone know?
>
> Oh, but of course it does.  So let's do
>
>         errdetail("There are too many open files on the local server."),
> #ifndef WIN32
>         errhint("Raise the server's max_files_per_process and/or \"ulimit -n\" limits.")
> #else
>         errhint("Raise the server's max_files_per_process setting.")
> #endif

WFM.

> I don't think there's much point in telling Windows users about
> _setmaxstdio() here.

Yeah, telling users to _setmaxstdio() themselves is useless, because
they can't do it; that's something *we* should do.  I think the 512
limit is a bit low; why not increase that a little bit?  Maybe just to
the Linux default of 1024.

Then again, that would be akin to setrlimit() on Linux.  Maybe we can
consider that a separate GUC, in a separate patch, with a
platform-specific default value that just corresponds to the OS's
default, and the user can set to whatever suits them; then we call
either _setmaxstdio() or setrlimit().

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add kqueue(2) support to the WaitEventSet API.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add kqueue(2) support to the WaitEventSet API.