Re: client-side fsync() error handling

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: client-side fsync() error handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 10:10:11AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> OK, added in new patch.

Thanks, that looks good.

> The frontends do neither right now, or at least the error handling is very
> inconsistent and inscrutable.  It would be possible in theory to add a retry
> option, but that would be a very different patch, and given what we have
> learned about fsync(), it probably wouldn't be widely useful.

Perhaps.  Let's have this discussion later if there are drawbacks
about changing things the way your patch does.  If we don't do that,
we'll never know about it either and this patch makes things safer.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: allow running parts of src/tools/msvc/ under not Windows
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add kqueue(2) support to the WaitEventSet API.