Re: error context for vacuum to include block number

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: error context for vacuum to include block number
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 01:58:20PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> Here is the comment for v16 patch:
>
> 2.
> I think we can set the error context for heap scan again after
> freespace map vacuum finishing, maybe after reporting the new phase.
> Otherwise the user will get confused if an error occurs during
> freespace map vacuum. And I think the comment is unclear, how about
> "Set the error context fro heap scan again"?

Good point

> 3.
> +           if (cbarg->blkno!=InvalidBlockNumber)
> +               errcontext(_("while scanning block %u of relation \"%s.%s\""),
> +                       cbarg->blkno, cbarg->relnamespace, cbarg->relname);
>
> We can use BlockNumberIsValid macro instead.

Thanks.  See attached, now squished together patches.

I added functions to initialize the callbacks, so error handling is out of the
way and minimally distract from the rest of vacuum.

Вложения

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Adding a test for speculative insert abort case
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Marking some contrib modules as trusted extensions