Re: pgsql: Remove pqsignal() from libpq's official exports list.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove pqsignal() from libpq's official exports list.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 09:37:34AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Yes, this is absolutely the right answer, we shouldn't be removing
> symbols without an SONAME bump.  If we don't want to bump the SONAME,
> then don't remove the symbol.  This is utterly basic proper library
> maintenance and it isn't appropriate to argue that it's about "well,
> your old apps shouldn't exist" because it's blatently our fault for not
> bumping the SONAME, no matter how old the apps are.

+1.  If we were to bump the SONAME, more cleanup could be actually
done, and I got some pushback not long ago regarding some undocumented
APIs in libpq that we still ship for the exact same reasons:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/7990.1565550764@sss.pgh.pa.us
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: dropping column prevented due to inherited index