Re: Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and encrypted files

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and encrypted files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 2019-10-03 16:40, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >> As others have said, that sounds wrong to me.  I think you need to
> >> encrypt everything.
> > That isn't what other database systems do though and isn't what people
> > actually asking for this feature are expecting to have or deal with.
>
> It is what some other database systems do.  Perhaps some others don't.

I looked at the contemporary databases and provided details about all of
them earlier in the thread.  Please feel free to review that and let me
know if your research shows differently.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and encrypted files
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Improving on MAX_CONVERSION_GROWTH