Re: Compile from source using latest Microsoft Windows SDK

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Compile from source using latest Microsoft Windows SDK
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 03:39:49PM +0800, Peifeng Qiu wrote:
> I updated the patch to only include the WindowsTargetPlatformVersion node
> if WindowsSDKVersion is present.  I can confirm that this issue no
> longer exists for VS2019. So only VS2017 is problematic.

(Could you please avoid to top-post?)
Ugh.  That's one I don't have at hand.

> I'm also very curious on how hamerkop and bowerbird build postgres with
> VS2017.  Looks like hamerkop and bowerbird both exist before VS2017
> and maybe they get SDK v8.1 from previous VS installations. I will
> contact admin of hamerkop and bowerbird and see if that's the case.
> As of now I can still encounter the same issue with fresh installed
> Windows Server 2016 and VS2017, on both azure and google cloud. So
> better to patch the build system anyway.

I guess so but I cannot confirm myself.  I am adding Andrew and Hari
in CC to double-check if they have seen this problem or not.  Hari has
also worked on porting VS 2017 and 2019 in the MSVC scripts in the
tree.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: SQL/JSON path issues/questions
От: Antonin Houska
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Key Management Service (KMS)