Re: POSTGRES_FSM_RELATIONS CRITICAL: DB control fsm relations used:79569 of 80000 (99%)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: POSTGRES_FSM_RELATIONS CRITICAL: DB control fsm relations used:79569 of 80000 (99%)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-May-28, Julie Nishimura wrote:

> Adrian, I am trying to avoid to do any tweaking to this legacy system that nobody knows well (we inherited it
recently).
> Do you think it might help if we possibly drop old tables (I assume their indices will be removed too), so the
overallnumber of objects will go down? Thanks a lot

Having insufficient max_fsm_relations causes severe problems, so don't
if you can avoid it.  I would certainly recommend increasing it.

Note that increasing max_fsm_relations requires that you have a large
enough shared memory allowance in the operating system; if you're too
close to the limit and try to restart with the increased setting, the
service may fail to start.  However, unless you're on something weird
that requires recompiling the kernel to update that limit, it should be
fairly simple to update it.

От: Julie Nishimura
Сообщение: Re: POSTGRES_FSM_RELATIONS CRITICAL: DB control fsm relations used:79569 of 80000 (99%)
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: POSTGRES_FSM_RELATIONS CRITICAL: DB control fsm relations used:79569 of 80000 (99%)