Re: pgsql: docs: fist draft version of the PG 12 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql: docs: fist draft version of the PG 12 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 04:01:36PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2019/05/11 10:25, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I struggled to talk about partitioning since there were so many
> > improvements.  I favored a more generic item that just suggested
> > dramatic improvements.  I have modified the text to:
> >
> >     Improve performance of many operations on partitioned tables (Amit
> >     Langote, David Rowley, Tom Lane, Álvaro Herrera)
> >
> >     Also, thousands of partitions can now be pruned efficiently.
> >
> > Committed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Does that work?
>
> That's better, but the second line still just mentions pruning efficiency.
>  It's true that pruning large number of partitions got a lot quicker in
> this release, but that is by no means the only improvement.  How about
> writing:
>
>   Thousands of partitions can now be pruned efficiently.  Also, inserting
>   into partitioned tables no longer slows down as the number of partitions
>   increases.
>
> or some such.

I went with this wording:

    Tables with thousands of child partitions can now be processed
    efficiently.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgsql: doc: improve wording of PG 12 releaase note partition item
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgsql: doc: Update OID item in PG 12 release notes