Re: pgsql: Fix union for pgstat message types

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix union for pgstat message types
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sat, May 04, 2019 at 07:08:10PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>   On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 5:54 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>     Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>     > On Wed, May 01, 2019 at 10:34:52AM +0000, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     >> Fix union for pgstat message types
>
>     > Should the tempfile bit be backported? That message was added in 9.2.
>
>     It's just cosmetic I think.  The main point of having everything in
>     the union is to make sure the union's size/alignment are sufficient,
>     but the tempfile message isn't anywhere near creating an issue there.
>
>   That was my thought as well. It's really only needed when we add new
>   things, to make sure we don't make those mistakes again. And nobody should
>   be adding new pgstat messages in old branches.

Fine with me, I don't think the backbranches are broken. OTOH it's a
minor change that would make the code more similar.

regards

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pgsql: pg_verify_checksums: Fix message punctuation
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix style violations in syscache lookups.