Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 11:33:33AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I don't want to see more users stumbling over the issues with the
> exclusive backup interface.  A better interface exists, and has existed
> since 9.6.

Do you really think we would be having this discussion if the
non-exclusive backup method was unequivocally better?  It is better for
some use-cases, and impossible for others.

Also, you can't say it will have no impact for five years on people who
do not upgrade.  The impact will be that they will have no new Postgres
features for five years.

I am not taking a stance on this issue, but making unclear statements
isn't helping the discussion.

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Auxiliary Processes and MyAuxProc