Re: WAL replay issue from 9.6.8 to 9.6.10

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: WAL replay issue from 9.6.8 to 9.6.10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 08:31:50AM +0200, Alexander Kukushkin wrote:
>> Hello, I'm seeing some issues with WAL replay on a test server running
>> 9.6.10 using WAL archived from a 9.6.8 primary server. It reliably PANICs
>> during replay with messages like so:
>>
>> WARNING:  page 1209270272 of relation base/16422/47496599 does not exist
>> CONTEXT:  xlog redo at 4810/C84F8A0 for Btree/DELETE: 88 items
>> PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages
>

> it looks like you are hitting pretty much the same problem as I:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/153492341830.1368.3936905691758473953%40wrigleys.postgresql.org
> The only major difference, you are restoring from the backup, while in
> my case the host running replica has crashed.
> Also in my case, the primary was already running 9.6.10.
>
> In my case, it also panics during "Btree/DELETE: XYZ items" and page
> number of relation is insanely huge.

That would be the same problem.  Dave, do you have a background worker
running in parallel or some read-only workload with backends doing
read-only operations on a standby once it has reached a consistent
point?
--
Michael

Вложения

От: TalGloz
Сообщение: RE: Executing a Function with an INSERT INTO command fails
От: "Charles Clavadetscher"
Сообщение: RE: Executing a Function with an INSERT INTO command fails