Re: Multiple COPY on the same table

От Nicolas Paris
Тема Re: Multiple COPY on the same table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Can I split a large file into multiple files and then run copy using
> each file.

AFAIK, copy command locks the table[1] while there is no mention of this
in the documentation[2].

>  Will the performance boost by close to 4x??

You might be interested in the pbBulkInsert tool[3] that allows parallel
copy with some succes accordingly to benchmarks. However, that tool does
not handle multiline csv. Because of that limitation I have been using
the standard copy command with binary format with some succes.

[1] https://grokbase.com/t/postgresql/pgsql-general/01597pv3qs/copy-locking
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-copy.html
[3] https://github.com/bytefish/PgBulkInsert

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: help defining a basic type operator
От: Ken Tanzer
Сообщение: Re: Re: Re: Allow Reg Expressions in Position function