Re: Question on postgresql.conf

От Steven Lembark
Тема Re: Question on postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 00:02:47 -0500 (PET)
Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada <aaguayo@opensysperu.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> As far as I know, it's not currently possible. Maybe recompiling, but
> that could not be the best for production environment. I suppose this
> is this way becuase postgres is designed to expect a certain folder
> structure for it's data folder, and configuration files are
> considered part of it.
>
> As you may see on the documentation:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/app-postgres.html
>
> You can change the data folder (-D command line option), but, no
> matter what the data folder is, it MUST have a postgresql.conf, as
> well as pg_hba.conf
>
> However, some distros have made a similar appriach to what you may be
> looking to do. Don't remmeber which one, but there's a distro which
> it's stabdard postgresql server packages store configuration files
> at /etc/postgresql, while storing data at /var/lib/postgresql. This
> is done by simoly making a symlink, like "ln
> -s /mnt/shared/postgres/server1.conf /var/lib/postgres/data/postgresql.conf".
> Same applies to other conficuration files.

Normally the config files live on the server. If you want to
hack the basename I'd suggest using symlinks for each machine.
Set up a whatever.conf.<hostname> files you like, symlink them
into of /etc/posgresql (or whatever you use on Windows):

e.g.,

    #!/usr/bin/env bash

    [ -z "$HOST_CONF_DIR"   ] || exit -1;
    [ -d  $HOST_CONF_DIR    ] || exit -2;
    [ -r  $HOST_CONF_DIR    ] || exit -3;

    suffix=".$(hostname)";

    cd /etc/postgresql;

    for i in $HOST_CONF_DIR/*;
    do
        ln -fsv $i ./$(basename $i $suffix);
    done

    echo 'Config dir:';
    ls -al $PWD;

    exit 0;

Result: You have the standard paths where PG expexts them and
ls -al (or readlink) will tell you which host they were generated
for.

--
Steven Lembark                                       1505 National Ave
Workhorse Computing                                 Rockford, IL 61103

От: Ron
Сообщение: Settings for fast restores
От: ik
Сообщение: Adding terminal title support for psqlrc