Re: Recovery performance of standby for multiple concurrenttruncates on large tables

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Recovery performance of standby for multiple concurrenttruncates on large tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-07-30 16:01:53 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> (1) Limit the number of deferred drops to a reasonably small number
> (one cache line?  1kB?).

Yea, you'd have to, because we'd frequently need to check it, and it'd
need to be in shared memory. But that'd still leave us to regress to
O(n^2) as soon as a transaction goes over that limit - which I don't
think is that infrequent...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Recovery performance of standby for multiple concurrent truncateson large tables
От: 'Andres Freund'
Сообщение: Re: Recovery performance of standby for multiple concurrenttruncates on large tables