Re: TRUNCATE tables referenced by FKs on partitioned tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: TRUNCATE tables referenced by FKs on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 06:59:16PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Anyway, this patch seems to fix it, and adds what I think is appropriate
> test coverage.

This looks good to me.  I am noticing that the documentation of TRUNCATE
does not mention that when running the command on a partitioned table
then it automatically gets to the children even if CASCADE is not used
and each child partition is not listed.

What is the filler column added in truncpart used for?
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: bgworkers should share more of BackendRun / PostgresMain
От: Nico Williams
Сообщение: Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?