Re: Non-reserved replication slots and slot advancing

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Non-reserved replication slots and slot advancing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 06, 2018 at 01:07:47PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Form the reasons above, I'd like to vote +1 for just ERRORing
> in the case.

Thanks for the lookup.  Do you have a good idea for the error message to
provide to users in this case?  I would tend to think that "cannot move
slot which has never been reserved" or "cannot move slot which has never
been used", particularly the first one, are fine enough, but I am not
stopped at one single idea in particular either.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: using expression syntax for partition bounds
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: using expression syntax for partition bounds