Re: [HACKERS] POC: Sharing record typmods between backends

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] POC: Sharing record typmods between backends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2017-09-04 18:14:39 +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Thanks for the review and commits so far.  Here's a rebased, debugged
> and pgindented version of the remaining patches.

I've pushed this with minor modifications:
- added typedefs to typedefs.list
- re-pgindented, there were some missing reindents in headers
- added a very brief intro into session.c, moved some content repeated in various places to the header - some of them
werebound to become out-of-date due to future uses of the facility.

- moved NULL setting in detach hook directly after the respective resource deallocation, for the not really probable
caseof it being reinvoked due to an error in a later dealloc function

Two remarks:
- I'm not sure I like the order in which things are added to the typemod hashes, I wonder if some more careful
organizationcould get rid of the races. Doesn't seem critical, but would be a bit nicer.

- I'm not yet quite happy with the Session facility. I think it'd be nicer if we'd a cleaner split between the shared
memorynotion of a session and the local memory version of it. The shared memory version would live in a
~max_connectionssized array, referenced from PGPROC. In a lot of cases it'd completely obsolete the need for a shm_toc,
becauseyou could just store handles etc in there.  The local memory version then would just store local pointers etc
intothat.

 But I think we can get there incrementally.

It's very nice to push commits that have stats like6 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 1110 deletions(-)
even if it essentially has been paid forward by a lot of previous work
;)

Thanks for the work on this!

Regards,

Andres

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: passwordcheck: Add test suite
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] POC: Sharing record typmods between backends