Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql

От John Iliffe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 08 April 2017 11:20:29 Joe Conway wrote:
> On 04/08/2017 06:31 AM, John Iliffe wrote:

> >> To add to this, previously you mentioned:
> >>
> >> "Also, using the on board firewall (firewalld) to provide a secondary
> >> domain where the actual business processes run. "
> >>
> >> What exactly does that mean?
> >
> > There is something rather odd here.
> >
> > getenforce shows the mode as permissive, which is what I think it is.
>
> If getenforce shows you are in permissive, then selinux is not your
> problem, full stop.
>
> > BUT, this morning's logwatch report shows:
> >  *** Denials ***
> >
> >     system_u system_u (tcp_socket): 1 times
>
> selinux will continue to log denials in permissive -- this is useful to
> determine what would have been blocked by selinux had it been in
> enforcing, which in turn gives you a chance to fix those issues before
> turning on enforcing.
>
> For more detail on the selinux logs look in /var/log/audit/audit.log
>
> You definitely have something odd going on though. As you said
> elsewhere, using a Unix domain socket connection the firewall should
> not get involved either.
>
> Seems like the issue is related to PHP somehow. For example, see:
> http://serverfault.com/questions/641329/cannot-connect-to-postgresql-uni
> x-domain-socket
In a way, probably yes, but I still can't figure it out.  The systemctl unit
file DOES have the line PrivateTmp=true and changing it to 'false' didn't
accomplish anything.

So I did the whole routine, created the /var/pgsql directory, changed the
postgresql.conf Unix domain socket line to create two sockets, restarted
and checked that both sockets do exist (yes) and then retried the
connection.  Even stopped and restarted Apache in case something there was
required but still no luck.

I checked in the PHP directories and there doesn't seem to be any config file
that applies to mod_php and in the php-fpm config file there is no reference
to postgres.  That suggests to me that there is no way to point the
connection request to the new socket file location.

So, any ideas as to where to go next?

FYI, psql still works OK.

And, thanks again for your patience!

John

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql
От: John Iliffe
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to connect to Postgresql