Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-01-04 10:20:43 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm slightly worried about breaking 3rd-party code that might be using
> recv() and somehow expecting the current behavior.  However, it's equally
> arguable that such code would have Windows-specific problems that would be
> fixed by the patch.

I don't really see how somebody could validly depend on the old
behaviour, given it always was windows only, and there only with
nonblocking sockets. Seems more likely to be an undiscovered bug for
such a hyptothetical user.

I also think there's rather few drivers / clients actually shutting down
sockets. Here it AFAICS really was a more or less unintentional side
effect.

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding pin scan during btree vacuum