Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Дата
Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, I had more condieration on this.

> As long as FDW author can choose their best way to produce a joined
> tuple, it may be worth to investigate.
>
> My comments are:
> * ForeignRecheck is the best location to call RefetchForeignJoinRow
>   when scanrelid==0, not ExecScanFetch. Why you try to add special
>   case for FDW in the common routine.
> * It is FDW's choice where the remote join tuple is kept, even though
>   most of FDW will keep it on the private field of ForeignScanState.

I think that scanrelid == 0 means that the node in focus is not a
scan node in current executor
semantics. EvalPlanQualFetchRowMarks fetches the possiblly
modified row then EvalPlanQualNext does recheck for the new
row. It's the roles of each functions.

In this criteria, recheck routines are not the place for
refetching.  EvalPlanQualFetchRowMarks is that.

Again, the problem here is that "foreign join" scan node is
actually a scan node but it doesn't provide all materials which
executor expects for a scan node. So the way to fix this
preserving the semantics would be in two choices.

1. make "foreign join" scan node to behave as complete scan  node. That is, EvalPlanQualFetchRowMarks can retrieve the
modifiedrow version anyhow according to the type of row mark.

2. make "foreign join" node that the node actuall a join node  which has subnodes and the "foreign join" node can
reconstruct the result row using the result of subnodes on EPQ.  (ExecForeignJoinNode would cease to call subnodes if
itis   actually a scan node)

"3". Any other means to break current semantics of joins and scans in executor, as you recommends. Some more adjustment
wouldbe needed to go on this way.

I don't know how the current disign of FDW has been built,
especialy about join pushdown feature so I should be missing
something but I think as the above for this issue.

> Apart from FDW requirement, custom-scan/join needs recheckMtd is
> called when scanrelid==0 to avoid assertion fail. I hope FDW has
> symmetric structure, however, not a mandatory requirement for me.

It wouldn't be needed if EvalPlanQualFetchRowMarks works as
exepcted. Is this wrong?

regards,

At Thu, 1 Oct 2015 13:17:34 +0000, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote in
<9A28C8860F777E439AA12E8AEA7694F80114D7BB@BPXM15GP.gisp.nec.co.jp>

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: ON CONFLICT issues around whole row vars,
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Obsolete use of volatile in walsender.c, walreceiver.c, walreceiverfuncs.c?