Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> Couldn't we adopt
> AssertVariableIsOfType()/AssertVariableIsOfTypeMacro() to macros like
> READ_UINT_FIELD()?
>
> I'm surprised that this stuff was only ever used for logical decoding
> infrastructure so far.

The reason it's only used there is that Andres is the one who introduced
those macros precisely for that code.  We've not yet had time to adjust
the rest of the code to have more sanity checks.

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: nodes/*funcs.c inconsistencies
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Minimum tuple threshold to decide last pass of VACUUM