Re: initdb -S and tablespaces

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: initdb -S and tablespaces
Дата
Re: initdb -S and tablespaces  (Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2015-04-06 10:16:36 -0300, alvherre@2ndquadrant.com wrote:

> Well, we have many things that can be set as symlinks; some you can
> have initdb create the links for you (initdb --xlogdir), others you
> can move manually.

Looking at sendDir() in backend/replication/basebackup.c, I notice that
the only places where it expects/allows symlinks are for pg_xlog and in
pg_tblspc.

Still, thanks to the example in basebackup.c, I've got most of a patch
that should follow any symlinks in PGDATA. I just need to test a little
more before I post it.

-- Abhijit

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Make more portable TAP tests of initdb
От: Abhijit Menon-Sen
Сообщение: Re: initdb -S and tablespaces