Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Baker, Keith [OCDUS Non-J&J] wrote:

> About configure:
> --------------------
> "./configure" barked at 2 things on QNX, and it advised using both "--without-readline --disable-thread-safety".
> I can investigate further, but I have been focusing on the bigger issues first.

I don't think thread-safety is of great concern.  The backend is not
multithreaded, and neither are the utilities (I think the only exception
is pgbench, and even there it is optional).  The only problem, as I
recall, would be that libpq would not lock things correctly when used in
a multithreaded program.  I think you will need to solve this
eventually, but it doesn't look as critical as the others.

I was asking specifically about spinlocks because if you have to use
that switch, it means our spinlock implementation doesn't cover your
platform, and you would need to add something to support native
spinlocks.  Since you're using gcc on x86, I assume your port is
choosing an already existing, working implementation.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_dumpall reccomendation in release notes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: WIP Patch for GROUPING SETS phase 1