Re: Unportability of setvbuf()

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Unportability of setvbuf()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> It might also be reasonable to create a wrapper macro along the line of
> "PG_STD_IO_BUFFERING()" that would encapsulate the whole sequence
>     setvbuf(stdout, NULL, _IOLBF, 0);
>     setvbuf(stderr, NULL, _IONBF, 0);
> Or maybe we should have separate macros for those two calls.  Or maybe
> this is just a useless layer of abstraction and PG_IOLBF is enough
> to make the calls portable.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't really know all that much about this stuff, but see commits
6eda3e9c27781dec369542a9b20cba7c3d832a5e and its parent about
isolationtester.

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Problem with txid_snapshot_in/out() functionality
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers