Re: 9.4 release notes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, May  4, 2014 at 03:49:27PM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:

> > +      <listitem>
> > +       <para>
> > +        Add huge_pages configuration parameter to attempt to use huge translation look-aside buffer (TLB) pages on
Linux(Christian Kruse,

> > +        Richard Poole, Abhijit Menon-Sen)
> > +       </para>
> >
> > I think this is too detailed - how about: "... to use huge pages ..."?
>
> I am not sure on this as the default is "try", but I updated the wording
> like your suggested:
>
>     Add huge_pages configuration parameter to enable huge
>     translation look-aside buffer (TLB) pages on Linux

Please see
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140226161302.GD4759@eldon.alvh.no-ip.org
about the "TLB huge pages" terminology.  Maybe "..enable huge MMU
pages..." as suggested by Peter G. in that sub-thread.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: 9.4 release notes
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Cluster name in ps output