Re: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 09:25:17AM -0500, Chris Curvey wrote:

> CREATE DATABASE "TestDatabase" WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8'
> LC_COLLATE = 'English_United States.1252' LC_CTYPE = 'English_United
> States.1252';

Guess guessing, but I bet the collation is what hurts, just because
that collation causes problems generally.  Maybe you could get them to
ditch that in favour of something else?  LC_COLLATE = en_US.UTF-8
would perhaps be better.

(The background for my guess: on your Linux box UTF-8 is likely the
normal local encoding, but on Windows that isn't true, and 1252 is
_almost_ but not quite Unicode.  This bites people generally in
internationalization.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

От: Chris Curvey
Сообщение: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows
От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows