Re: pgbench - exclude pthread_create() from connection start timing

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: pgbench - exclude pthread_create() from connection start timing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 09:48:04AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> Also, I'm not sure of any system used with pgbench that do not have
> threads, so ISTM that the thread fork-emulation hack is more or less
> useless, and it is pretty masochistic to maintain when adding
> features.

Fair point.  When added, the code pertaining to fork-emulation was
well-isolated, and that remained the case as recently as 9.3.  Your recent
--progress patch was the first to suffer contortions for the benefit of that
mode.  (The per-statement latencies feature just declined to support it.)

> >For the time being, I propose the attached comment patch.
>
> It comment seems very clear to me. I do not understand why it starts
> with XXX, though.

PostgreSQL code uses that notation regularly.  When I add it, I typically have
in mind "the following is not fully satisfying, but it's not bad enough to
make a point of improving".

I've committed the comment patch.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add DISCARD SEQUENCES command.
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2 - A