Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Amit kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Ответы Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit kapila escribió:

> > +# This includes the default configuration directory included to support
> > +# ALTER SYSTEM statement.
> > +#
> > +# WARNING: User should not remove below include_dir or directory config,
> > +#          as both are required to make ALTER SYSTEM command work.
> > +#          Any configuration parameter values specified after this line
> > +#          will override the values set by ALTER SYSTEM statement.
> > +#include_dir = 'config'
>
> > Why do we need to expose this setting to a user?
>
> a) This can be a knob to turn this feature off. This has been asked by few people,
>    one of the mail link is mentioned below (refer towards end of mail in the link):
>    http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/515B04F9.30900@gmx.net
>
> b) In case user wants to change priority of parameters set by Alter System, he can move the
>    include_dir up or down in postgresql.conf.

Both of these seem like they would make troubleshooters' lives more
difficult.  I think we should just parse the auto file automatically
after parsing postgresql.conf, without requiring the include directive
to be there.

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: template-ify (binary) extensions
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])