Re: Why are there no inequality scans for ctid?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Why are there no inequality scans for ctid?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 02:21:10PM +0530, Atri Sharma wrote:
> How would this be helpful for general use cases? Querying on tids on a
> specific page doesn't seem too useful for any other case than the one
> you mentioned above, and IMHO it seems to be the job of vacuum.
> I may be missing something here though.

Vacuum doesn't move rows around (as far as I can tell by running vacuum
~ 100 times on bloated table).

And as for general case - sure. It's not really useful aside from bloat
removal, but I think that bloat removal is important enough to warrant
some help from Pg.

Best regards,

depesz

От: Atri Sharma
Сообщение: Re: Why are there no inequality scans for ctid?
От: Vincent Veyron
Сообщение: Re: utf8 errors