Re: Extent Locks

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Extent Locks
Дата
Re: Extent Locks  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Jaime Casanova (jaime@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> btw, we can also use a next_extend_blocks GUC/reloption as a limit for
> autovacuum so it will allow that empty pages at the end of the table

I'm really not, at all, excited about adding in GUCs for this.  We just
need to realize when the only available space in the relation is at the
end and people are writing to it and avoid truncating pages off the end-
if we don't already have locks that prevent vacuum from doing this
already.  I'd want to see where it's actually happening before stressing
over it terribly much.
Thanks,
    Stephen

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] COPY .... (FORMAT binary) syntax doesn't work
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: getting rid of freezing