Re: Allow substitute allocators for PGresult.

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Allow substitute allocators for PGresult.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Heikki's idea is probably superior so far as PG backend usage is
> concerned in isolation, but I wonder if there are scenarios where a
> client application would like to be able to manage libpq's allocations.

The answer to that is certainly 'yes'.  It was one of the first things
that I complained about when moving from Oracle to PG.  With OCI, you
can bulk load results directly into application-allocated memory areas.

Haven't been following the dblink discussion, so not going to comment
about that piece.
Thanks,
    Stephen

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM touching file but not updating relation
От: Jeroen Vermeulen
Сообщение: Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt