Re: Hugetables question

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Hugetables question
Дата
Re: Hugetables question  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:56:15AM +0200, Rados??aw Smogura wrote:
> I want to implement hugepages for shared memory, to make it transparent I want
> to do in this fashion:
> 1. Reserve memory M of size s
> 2. Try to allocate hugepage memory of as big size as possible (hs), attach at
> M.
> 3. Allocate normal shared memory of size hs - s, and attach it at M+hs.
> This soulution should work for Linux and Windows, and make no difference for
> usage of such shared memory in application.

At least in Linux they're trying to make hugepages transparent, so I'm
wondering if this is going to make a difference for Linux in the long
term.

As for your other problem, Perhaps you can put the shmem block first,
before the hugemem block? Would require some pointer fiddling, but
seems doable.

Habe a nice day,