Re: Creating new remote branch in git?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Creating new remote branch in git?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Did the system create the .git/config '[branch "REL9_1_STABLE"]' section
> > for you or did you create it manually?
>
> git created them for me.  I did no config hacking whatever, but now
> I have:
>
> [branch "REL9_1_STABLE"]
>     remote = origin
>     merge = refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE
>     rebase = true
>
> which exactly parallels the pre-existing entries for the other branches.
>
> One point that might affect this is that in ~/.gitconfig I have
>
> [branch]
>     autosetuprebase = always
>
> which is as per the setup recommendations on the wiki page.

I have the same in my ~/.gitconfig:

    [branch]
            autosetuprebase = always

I am attaching my ~/.gitconfig.

Do I need to run this in every branch?

    git config branch.master.rebase true

Right now our wiki only says to run it in the master branch.  I am
attaching my postgresql/.git/config file too.

[user]
    name = Bruce Momjian
    email = bruce@momjian.us
[core]
    excludesfile = "/u/postgres/.gitignore"
    editor = "emastd"
    pager = "less -x4 -E"
[remote "origin"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
[remote "github"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = git@github.com:bmomjian/postgres.git
[diff]
    external = git-external-diff
[branch]
    autosetuprebase = always
[branch "master"]
        rebase = true
[gc]
    auto = 0
[core]
    repositoryformatversion = 0
    filemode = true
    bare = false
    logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git
[branch "master"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/master
    rebase = true

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Creating new remote branch in git?
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: lazy vxid locks, v1