Re: Small SSI issues

От Dan Ports
Тема Re: Small SSI issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 09:43:58PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> > Do checks such as that argue for keeping the volatile flag, or do
> > you think we can drop it if we make those changes?  (That would also
> > allow dropping a number of casts which exist just to avoid
> > warnings.)
>
> I believe we can drop it, I'll double-check.

Yes, dropping it seems like the thing to do. It's been on my list for a
while. We are not really getting anything out of declaring it volatile
since we cast the volatile qualifier away most of the time.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/

От: Alex Hunsaker
Сообщение: Re: gcc 4.6 and hot standby
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: literature on write-ahead logging