Re: repository size differences

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: repository size differences
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2010-09-21 17:53:22 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:

> > Does anyone know offhand why the sizes are so different?
>
> Magnus did
>     git gc --aggressive --prune
> during the conversion.  I imagine it's the --aggressive that does it.

That's not it. I ran the same git gc command on my old repository, and
it didn't make any difference to the size. (I didn't try with a larger
window size, though.)

Oh well, it's probably just some problem with the older conversion, and
doesn't matter now. The number of commits ("git rev-list --all|wc -l")
is broadly similar (36848 old, 35978 new), as is the number of packed
objects (~383k old, ~387k new).

I'm certainly not complaining about git clone being twice as fast. :-)

-- ams

От: Hitoshi Harada
Сообщение: Re: wip: functions median and percentile
От: Itagaki Takahiro
Сообщение: Re: Make tuples_per_page pr. table configureable.