Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2010-09-21 11:59:09 -0400, andrew@dunslane.net wrote:

> However, that does mean losing the private commit history. I'm not
> sure much can be done about that, unless you migrate each commit
> separately, which could be painful.

It doesn't have to be painful.

Determine what patches from the old repository you want to apply, and
create a branch in the newly-cloned repository to apply them to. Then
use (cd ../oldrepo;git format-patch -k --stdout R1..R2)|git am -3 -k"
to apply a series of patches (between revisions R1 and R2; adjust as
needed) to your branch (i.e. when you have it checked out).

See git-format-patch(1) and git-am(1) for more details (or feel free
to ask if you need more help).

-- ams

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo
От: Abhijit Menon-Sen
Сообщение: Re: .gitignore files, take two