Re: Issue: Deprecation of the XML2 module 'xml_is_well_formed' function

От Mike Fowler
Тема Re: Issue: Deprecation of the XML2 module 'xml_is_well_formed' function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Quoting Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:

> On fre, 2010-07-02 at 14:07 +0100, Mike Fowler wrote:
>> So if IS CONTENT were
>> to be implemented, to determine that you have something that is
>> malformed
>
> But that's not what IS CONTENT does.  "Content" still needs to be
> well-formed.

What I was hoping to achieve was to determine that something wasn't a
document and wasn't content, however as you pointed out on the bugs
thread the value must be XML. My mistake was not checking that I had
followed the definitions all the way back to the root. What I will do
instead is implement the xml_is_well_formed function and get a patch
out in the next day or two.

Thank you Robert and Peter for tolerating my stumbles through the standard.

Regards,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Issue: Deprecation of the XML2 module 'xml_is_well_formed' function
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Keeping separate WAL segments for each database