Re: ToDo: preload for fulltext dictionary

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: ToDo: preload for fulltext dictionary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> The dictionary data could be shared or minimally dictionary could be
> preloaded like some PL language.
>
> What do you think about this?

Surely preloading is the most realistic approach, but I hope we would support
dynamic allocation of shared memory, and load dictionaries in the area and
share it with backends. We should avoid additonal calls of shmget() or mmap()
in the additional shared memory allocation, but we can shrink shared buffers
and reuse the area for general purposes. We often have serveral GB of shared
buffers nowadays, so dividing some MB of buffers will not be problem.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Explain buffers display units.
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: TCP keepalive support for libpq