Re: pgsql: PG_MAJORVERSION: For simplicity, use PG_MAJORVERSION rather than

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql: PG_MAJORVERSION: For simplicity, use PG_MAJORVERSION rather than
Дата
Re: pgsql: PG_MAJORVERSION: For simplicity, use PG_MAJORVERSION rather than  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: pgsql: PG_MAJORVERSION: For simplicity, use PG_MAJORVERSION rather than  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-committers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > I think this is a bad style to use for commit messages.  For GIT, a good
> > > commit message is a first line being a summary, and a more extensive
> > > message below.
> >
> > That is just too odd. I think I forgot about the summary idea then.
>
> What is odd?
>
> If I was unclear, look at this status page:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=shortlog
>
> Note that for your commit it only says "PG_MAJORVERSION:".  You have to
> open the patch's page to see the rest of the message.

Well, having the description and then a blank line in the middle just is
too odd for too small a group of viewers.  I might as well just type the
commit message as normal and users can see all they can.

От: tgl@postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
Сообщение: pgsql: Fail in a nicer way if we have --with-perl and no Perl.
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: PG_MAJORVERSION: For simplicity, use PG_MAJORVERSION rather than