Re: Patch: Remove all declarations from pg_attribute.h, consolidate BKI scripts

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Patch: Remove all declarations from pg_attribute.h, consolidate BKI scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Monday 21 December 2009 02:23:39 Robert Haas wrote:
> A more important point is whether we really need to make this
> dependent on Perl 5.6 or later.  What features are we using here that
> actually require Perl 5.6?  I suspect the answer is "none, but we
> don't like writing the code in a way that is backward compatible to
> crufty, ancient versions of Perl", to which my response is "get over
> it".  :-)   I always use the three-argument form of open() in all new
> code, but for fixed strings the two-argument form is just as good and
> has been supported for far longer.  Any suggestions that we should
> prefer clean code over portability are, in my opinion, non-starters.
I dont see a platform without perl 5.6 where a new enough flex/bison is
available...

Andres

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Pre ordered aggregates, default ORDER BY clause for aggregates - median support
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: using separate parameters in psql query execution