Re: ProcessUtility_hook

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: ProcessUtility_hook
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > Like this?
> > /*
> >  * Parse command tag to retrieve the number of affected rows.
> >  * COPY command returns COPY tag. EXECUTE command might return INSERT,
> >  * UPDATE, or DELETE tags, but we cannot retrieve the number of rows
> >  * for SELECT. We assume other commands always return 0 row.
> >  */
>
> I'm confused by the "we cannot retrieve the number of rows for SELECT"
> part.  Can you clarify that?

Ah, I meant the SELECT was "EXECUTE of SELECT".

If I use internal structure names, the explanation will be:
----
EXECUTE command returns INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, or SELECT tags.
We can retrieve the number of rows from INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE tags,
but cannot from SELECT tag because the tag doesn't contain row numbers
and also EState->es_processed is unavailable for EXECUTE commands.
----

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: bug: fuzzystrmatch levenshtein is wrong
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: ProcessUtility_hook