Re: Triggers on columns

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Triggers on columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Itagaki Takahiro wrote:

> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>
> > > It's still arguable that we should add dependencies from column
> > > triggers to referenced columns.
> >
> > +1 for adding the dependencies.
>
> But how? First, I tried to use existing dependency mechanism:
>
>     ObjectAddress referenced;
>     referenced.classId = AttributeRelationId;
>     referenced.objectId = {relid};
>     referenced.objectSubId = {attnum};
>     recordDependencyOn(&myself, &referenced, DEPENDENCY_NORMAL);
>
> but we don't use ObjectAddress with classId = AttributeRelationId
> for now in any places. Does it work?

Well, apparently you've been tasked with making sure it works properly :-)
The only problem I see with it is the fact that the objectId is not the
attribute's OID, but it should be possible.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: community decision-making & 8.5
От: Joshua Tolley
Сообщение: Re: Implementation of GROUPING SETS (T431: Extended grouping capabilities)