Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Including PL/PgSQL by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:30:28AM -0500, Andrew Satori wrote:
> As a packager, I respond to customer pressure by solving their needs,
> so I pre-package those contrib's as needed, but I do feel that they
> should be reviewed as potential core inclusions

Given that you don't need to be superuser to create trusted languages
anymore, maybe we should make an alias:

ENABLE LANGUAGE plpgsql;

Then people will think it's already installed, but they need to
enable it...

Postgis is harder. Ideas for a module system have been floated before
but never got anywhere...

Have a nice day,

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison