Re: Reason(s) not to use a stored procedure

От Christoph Frick
Тема Re: Reason(s) not to use a stored procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 08:49:39AM -0500, Mag Gam wrote:

> I was in an academic meeting where a professor was preaching the reasons why
> not to use a stored procedure. He advised to always use SQL instead of a
> procedural language. Can someone please shed some light on this?

putting application logic in the database is maybe what he does not like
about it. not beeing able to switch databases easily might be another.
but why not just ask him?

--
cu

Вложения

От: Nick Nick
Сообщение: Re: Reason(s) not to use a stored procedure
От: "Jonah H. Harris"
Сообщение: Re: Reason(s) not to use a stored procedure