Re: INDEX on a composite type

От GMail
Тема Re: INDEX on a composite type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il Wednesday 19 December 2007 22:29:25 Colin Wetherbee ha scritto:
> GMail wrote:
> > When trying to create an index on a composite type, I need to enclose
> > the columns in paranthesis. Is this normal?
> > I don't think so as there's no mention in the friendly manual.
>
> I think your problem is similar to one that has been discussed here
> previously.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-general@postgresql.org/msg75862.html
>
> Colin

By the way, why not allowing the declaration of an index over a composite
type as a whole? (As opposed to a composite type as the list of single
component types).

--
Vincenzo Romano
Maybe Computers will never become as intelligent as Humans.

От: "Geoff Ellingwood"
Сообщение: Re: Trouble running PostgreSQL server / Server must be started under certain locale.
От: "Mike C"
Сообщение: Postgres 8.3 HOT and non-persistent xids